I’m not a fancy cook but I know I can cook to get by with a decent meal. Pasta is a very easy dish to prepare and you don’t have to be Italian to perfect this dish. Feel free to add your own signature by experimenting with ingredients. This is a quick and easy recipe for when you’re knackered after a long day and need a good, substantial meal without the fuss and effort.
You Will Need:
- 250g Fresh Mushrooms sliced
- 500g Pasta
- 1 fresh tomato diced
- Tomato puree to taste (optional)
- Garlic chopped
- Dried mixed herbs and paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet.
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan and start frying the garlic until it is fragrant. Do not let it brown or burn.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue frying. As the mushroom is cooking it will release some water so do not add water immediately.
- When the mushroom has softened slightly, add the diced tomato. If you prefer a stronger tomato taste, add some tomato puree.
- By now there should be some liquid in the pan. You are not making a sauce so you don’t need too much liquid. Just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mixed herbs and a pinch of paprika powder and salt and pepper to taste. I usually go a bit crazy with oregano at this point.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mixture. Toss the pasta through the sauce and serve.
You can also have variations like grated cheese on top or if you happen to have some bacon in the fridge or ham you can add strips of these for an exciting flavour and taste. Even sliced poultry viennas or frankfurters give this dish a twist and it is very filling and easy to make.
Let me know how this turns out for you!