I’m a self-proclaimed procrastinator. It’s NOT something I have been proud of but I am glad to say that I quietly decided at the beginning of this year that I should take control of my life and change what I didn’t like – and that was lack of motivation.
I started reading up a lot and have gathered very many tips on how to stay motivated. It could be to do with anything – from working out to reading a book a week, to working on turning your business around to writing that first novel you always wanted to – and the tips have somehow been coming in handy.
Adjust. Adapt. Adhere. You’ve got this.
SOME MOTIVATIONAL TIPS:
- Get serious. It’s simple but we won’t get ahead if we don’t make a commitment
- Know your limits. Don’t over-promise yourself something and then beat yourself up over it because you can’t deliver.
- Surrounded yourself with highly successful and motivated people. You are the company you keep.
- See yourself as the best, because if you don’t, who else will?
- Look for inspiration. It’s everywhere.
- Stop obsessing over your vision. If it becomes too much and things are not going the way you envisioned, find a different route to your goal.
- Never feel sorry for yourself. I’ve done this many times, and even though I do eventually get up and dust myself after falling over, it’s time wasted. Get on with it.
- Be passionate. No fuel, no fire.
- Harness that fear of failure. It’ll motivate you to keep doing better.
- Create a vision board and believe in the power of it. Keep it in front of you, look at it every single day, and create a new one each year.