This is a simple and easy recipe and the ingredients are locally available here. It doesn’t need much cooking but the flavours do depend on the amount of time you marinade it.
For a delicious Chilli Paneer you will need:
- 250 gms Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 small white onion, sliced long
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Couple of dashes of dark soy sauce
- Chopped corriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 level teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil.
Cube the Paneer and then add all the ingredients in a non stick pan and mix well. Allow to marinade for at least an hour (or more if time permits) then just cook gently on a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Serve with a hot buttered naan and salad.