I do enjoy a good Black Forest cake and was browsing online for a recipe when I found this alternative recipe – Black Forest Coffee! I tried it out and modified it a little bit and, according to me, it now tastes perfect. I’m sharing the recipe.
Also… don’t ask nutritional value or how many calories one mug has. It’s safe to say there are many! ENJOY!
- 2 cups hot brewed coffee (I usually make mine with AA Kenyan and Ethiopian Gourmet mixed half and half)
- 1/4 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Chocolate-flavored syrup or grated milk chocolate for garnish
Divide the coffee, chocolate syrup, cherry juice, and sugar evenly between 2 mugs; mix well. Top each with whipped cream and a cherry then drizzle with chocolate syrup or grated chocolate.
Serve immediately and enjoy!